On Wednesday, laden with a massive hangover and a thorny problem at work that had been bothering me for a week I started having a look at Bot::BasicBot::Pluggable and started hacking together a framework and a TODO list plus some exploratory code.
Now, a couple of days and a few quiet evenings later I have 2000 lines of code which SLOCCount informs me is worth 72,585 USD or, as the new bot has told me, about 40,000 GBP. Which is nice.
It currently stands as about 23 modules, the main executable and a tool for slurping the branes of infobots into the new (much nicer) format.
I've still got to do the Aviation and ToDo plugins which hopefully shouldn't take too long. Then there's doing proper config stuff for the main script and then there's packaging - I've decided to package most of the functionality into seperate packages - probably around 20 odd. I'm not supremely happy about this, if only because it'll probably make me look like a mook and because it's just that much more work but I think, because of dependencies, it's the right thing to do.
What with various other bits of Yak Shaving that have gone on I'm probably going to double the number of packages I have on CPAN.
I'm not entirely sure why I'm doing this - it's not like I'm that invested in dipsy. It will almost certainly end up being unmaintained :(